Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Adding Percentage to Sum of Extended Price Post Reply Post New Topic
justingibson

Online Status: Offline
Quote justingibson Replybullet Topic: Adding Percentage to Sum of Extended Price
    Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 9:49am
Hello, I'm trying to add a percentage to a sum of the extended price on a custom invoice. The report works fine without the custom adder. I added the formula below the sum of extended price and successfully managed to create a formula that adds the desired percantage (1.5%), but it's only giving it for the last extended price line, not the sum of extended price (all line items). I am a complete novice at Crystal Reports, I am merely altering a report that someone else in our company made a while back (he no longer works here...). Below is the formula I have added (but it's incorrectly only formulating 1.5% of the last line item, not the sum of all line items):

{Beacon_Invoice_Info.extended_price} * 0.015

I have tried things like adding sum of but nothing seems to work. I know it's gotta be something simple that is wrong. If I can give you any more information that would be helpful please let me know. Like I said, if I take the line out the report works beautifully but I need this new version of the report to add 1.5% before the tax to every whole invoice. Thanks in advance!

Edited by justingibson - 29 Sep 2009 at 9:50am
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 10:20am
You need to multiply the sum but it depends on if this is a sum of all records (place on report footer)
SUM({Beacon_Invoice_Info.extended_price}) * 0.015

or the sum of a group (placed on group footer)
SUM({Beacon_Invoice_Info.extended_price},grouped field here) * 0.015
IP IP Logged
justingibson

Quote justingibson Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 10:50am
Using

SUM({Beacon_Invoice_Info.extended_price}) * 0.015

worked. However, how do I now get the grand total (which would be sum of extended_price + the new 1.5% adder + freight + tax_amount? Right now it uses total_amount which is all those things without the 1.5% adder. I tried creating a new formula

SUM({Beacon_Invoice_Info.extended_price},{Beacon_Invoice_Info.tax_amount},{Beacon_Invoice_Info.freight},{@Adder})

but it doesn't like the adder (the name of the 1.5% formula. Thanks so much for your help.

Edited by justingibson - 29 Sep 2009 at 10:51am
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:13am
Depends on how you got the Freight and tax totals.
If you used formula fields then you can just create a new formula field adding the other 3 togther
{@formula 1} + {@formula 2} + {@formula 3}
or if not you add the SUMS togther
SUM(field1) + SUM(field2) + SUm(field3)
IP IP Logged
justingibson

Quote justingibson Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:25am

All are fields except the adder. But I need to add the 3 fields with the 1 formula, how do I do that? I tried

SUM(Beacon_Invoice_Info.extended_price) + SUM(Beacon_Invoice_Info.freight) + SUM(Beacon_Invoice_Info.tax_amount) + SUM(@Adder)

but that didn't work. Right now there is a field that's called Beacon_Invoice_Info.total_amount that is the result of all three fields (no adder) added together. However, since it's a field and not a formula I can't seem to edit it. I basically need total_amount + @adder.

Edited by justingibson - 29 Sep 2009 at 11:25am
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:30am

Sorry have a little trouble following the set up.

If it is one field for all records then you can create a new formula to add it to the new adder formula ( i assume the adder formula is the one you created from the first posting question which already has a SUM in it. FYI-you cannot SUM a SUM).
{Beacon_Invoice_Info.total_amount} + {@(@Adder}

Is that what you need?
IP IP Logged
justingibson

Quote justingibson Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:36am
That is exactly what I need but it didn't seem to work. It doesn't like {@(@Adder}. This would be a second formula, correct? I need one to show the 1.5% (currently this is the @Adder) and a second formula to get {Beacon_Invoice_Info.total_amount} + {@(@Adder}.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 11:38am

OOps sorry. I copied and pasted that and it messed up:

{Beacon_Invoice_Info.total_amount} + {@Adder}

Edited by DBlank - 29 Sep 2009 at 11:38am
IP IP Logged
justingibson

Quote justingibson Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 12:09pm
That worked perfectly! You have no idea how big of a help you've been. Thank you so much!

-Justin
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version