Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Database "User" Post Reply Post New Topic
jessiemacmillan

Online Status: Offline
Quote jessiemacmillan Replybullet Topic: Database "User"
    Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 8:49am
We recently installed a new case management system that enables users to connect to the SQL2000 database via a client/server app or web server app.  The system has Crystal Reports integrated into it.

Whenever I create a report and add it to the system, it works fine in client/server but generates an error on the web server. The last thing I heard from support was "You have to have use LFREPORTS as the user to develop reports that are to run in the web app." LFREPORTS is a SQL login & database user on the SQL server. LFREPORTS has database roles of public & datareader.

They've also told me that this "user" is "hardcoded" in the report. I have no idea what that means.

LFREPORTS is not a network login and shouldn't have to be, right?

I created an ODBC connection to the database and logged into it with LFREPORTS. The Crystal Report based on that connection causes an error in the client/server app and hangs in the web app.

I'm stumped. I've asked for clarification from support but I feel like I'm playing 20 Questions with them. Does anybody know what they're talking about?

Thanks,
Jessie
IP IP Logged
jessiemacmillan

Quote jessiemacmillan Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 9:01am
I've gotten one of my problems solved: I had the wrong password for LFREPORTS. That solved the client/server problem, but I still have the web server error.

The LFREPORTS user is on the SQL server. Could I also need an LFREPORTS on the web server?
IP IP Logged
jessiemacmillan

Quote jessiemacmillan Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 2:04pm
I spent all day trying to resolve this. I finally got it fixed after 40 minutes on the phone and a WebEx with support. I had all the pieces installed and configured correctly. It took a "repair" of the service with one of their utilities to set things to rights. 
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version