Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Accessing Sub-Report Data Post Reply Post New Topic
cyber-guys
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote cyber-guys Replybullet Topic: Accessing Sub-Report Data
    Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:00pm
I have a report that generates cash drawer info, ie, start, end balances, deposits  & total paid out.  The same report has a subreport that calculates the total $ value of invoices by cash, check & AP.

I would like to take the cash invoice total from the subreport and subtract it from the calculated payout from the cash drawer report giving cash drawer shortage/overage. 

I'm guessing I need to create a formula using a variable to hold the subreport data but I have no clue where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Cyber-guys

PS - this forum is the BEST !!!
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 8:36am
Look up shared variables.  You would need to create a shared variable in the sub-report (in a formula) and then you can use that same (it needs to be defined) in the main report.
IP IP Logged
cyber-guys
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyber-guys Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 5:15am
THANK YOU KEVLRAY ! ! !

I couldn't figure out how to get just the cash sum from the subreport so I created another subreport that selected only cash info.

I was then able to display the shared data in the subreport OK but couldn't get it to work in the main report.  I found that if I moved the subreport to the header it worked.  I don't need to display the contents of the extra subreport so I suppressed those fields & the report is working fine.

Obviously the issue was the order in which CR selects & processes data - is there any way to force the process in order to show data in the main report from a subreport located in a footer.  I have other reports that I need to do this with & I don't think my workaround will work.

Thanks again,
Cyber-guysSmile
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version