Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Any way to compare details beyond next/previous?? Post Reply Post New Topic
flanman

Online Status: Offline
Quote flanman Replybullet Topic: Any way to compare details beyond next/previous??
    Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:31am
I have a report that that I am comparing vehicle resources. I have the report grouped this way.
Account
Date
EventID
ShiftID
Details....

We have several vehicles we use for our business. What I want to do is run a report to check if we are optimizing our vehicles for both multi-day events at the same client and multi-shifts for an event for a client.  My goal is to highlight any records where we have either a multi-day event and they are not using the same vehicle for connecting days. I have that done fine.

My second goal is to highlight any shifts for the same day event that are not at the same time, but not using the same vehicle to also maximize vehicles. It is very possible we could have 3 or more shifts for an event, and therefore I am running into problems using the next and previous functions. Hopefully the example below helps illustrate.

Account1      EventDate    Shiftstart     ShiftEnd     ShiftId     Vehicle
Bobs' BBQ        5/5/2010     8:00 am     12:00 pm     5             Bus1
                        5/5/2010     8:00 am     12:00 pm     6             Bus2
                        5/5/2010    12:00 pm      4:00 pm     7             Bus2
                        5/5/2010    12:00 pm      4:00 pm     8             Bus5

Ideally when I run the report I would want to highlight either Bus 1 or bus 5 as we would want to only use 2 buses not three for this type of event. The problem is since I am grouping my shiftID I cannot compare shift 5 to shift 7 or 8 and so on.

I am using CR XI RS with a sql database. I am also showing all records in the details section and not in any group headers or footers and would like to keep that due to some other filtering.

Any help is always greatly appreciate.

IP IP Logged
flanman

Online Status: Offline
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 5:33am
So is this possible at all, or am I out of luck?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version