Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: 2 page report Post Reply Post New Topic
orange1234

Online Status: Offline
Quote orange1234 Replybullet Topic: 2 page report
    Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 8:10am
Hi all,

I need to append a second page which is a certificate. ( the first page. report is a list of test results)

The report that I have has the following sections that work great.

Report Header

Page Header a

Page Header b

Details a

Details b

Report Footer

Page footer.

This report works and prints fine and the report overflows onto a second page too without a problem. 

What I would like to do at the end of this report, is to print out a certificate.  I have tied adding  "details c" section  and designed the certificate page there. But what happens now is that after each line, of each test, it prints a certificate page too, so a report which should have 10 tests and one certificate ends up having 10 tests (one page for each tests ) and 10 certificates too ....20 pages !

I deleted the "details c" section and added "Report Header b" hoping that that section would do it but that did the same thing too. Any help would be greatly appreciated

vince

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 8:58am
What happens if you put it in the report footer? That way it only gets printed on the last page.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 1:54pm

If you're only printing the test scores for one person, Brian's suggestion will work for you.  However, if you're including more than one person, you'll need to set a group on something like the person's name or some other identifier of a specific person.  You could then suppress the group header and put the certificate in the group footer, with "New Page Before" turned on so that you make sure that it's always on its own page.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
orange1234

Quote orange1234 Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 3:57pm
Thank Brian and hilfy.

I first thought that by adding another footer (footer b) it would put that footer on every page (like "footer a" does)

but I've just added it and I now get a certificate,  except now the certificate  appears to be on the last page, i.e it appears on the same page as  "details b" with "details  b"  across the top and the certificate just below it on the same page

Do you know how I can suppress "details b"  from being shown on the certificate page.

EDIT

I used the preview in Crystal and what appeared is as above but I've just checked it in the application where the database is and its still showing one line of test result on a different page and then the certificate at the end. Ahhhhhh.

Could I email the report to one of you guys, you will probably see instantly what I am trying to describe and see where iIm going wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by orange1234 - 06 Jul 2007 at 4:15pm
IP IP Logged
orange1234

Quote orange1234 Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2007 at 6:38am
Hi Guys,

I have sort of fixed it. More of a work around really.

I have put the certificate in the "Report Header " so that prints first.  Its the only place that didn't mess up the formatting. The only downside is page 1 is half certificate, and half test results. With the remainder of the test results flowing onto page 2, 3, 4  onwards etc.

I have another Question:

There is a DATE on the report. I have copied that field , and pasted it on to the certificate.  At present it says  Valid 12 months from the folowing date JULY 2007.

Ideally I would like it to say...This certificate is valid from July 2007  to  June 2008

Does anyone one know how to make a field that adds 11 months from the first field, and displays it.

Edited by orange1234 - 07 Jul 2007 at 6:39am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2007 at 12:33pm
Glad you are getting there. You can use the DateAdd() method and use the parameter "m" to add 11 months to it.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
orange1234

Quote orange1234 Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2007 at 4:17pm
Thanks Brian, I've not done any coding, I've only copied and pasted and re-arranged things that are already there.

ok DateAdd that sounds good.

can you talk me though step by step what to do

Where do I put the code, how to I initiate the DateAdd.

sorry to be a pain.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2007 at 6:35pm
No worries. But I HIGHLY recommend that you read my free online chapters from the upcoming book. They would tell you a lot of this. You need to create a formula that returns the full string of what you want to print. Within this string you can do the DateAdd() calculation. I suggest something like this:
"Cert is valid from " & CStr({table.field},"MMMM yyyyy") & " to " & CStr(DateAdd("m",1,{table.field}),"MMMM yyyy");

IP IP Logged
orange1234

Quote orange1234 Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 5:56am
Thanks Brian for the code that looks exactly what I was looking for. Being a novice; as directions I was expecting something like this. (this is something made up dont anyone follow it is just for illustration)

• Insert >Field
  • Right click on the field box that you have created and select >formula
  • In the formula box paste the following...
  • put a tick in zipperdeedoodah and thats it.
  • preview it and check it works.
Thnak you for your insights, which one of your ebooks explain what to do. Not knowing the technical terms its difficult to guess which section that you refere to.

Edited by orange1234 - 08 Jul 2007 at 5:57am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 3:48pm
You could read Chapter 5 and go to the section Creating Formulas.
http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Chapter05_XI.asp

Here are some steps for doing what you want to do (I'm going off memory so it might not be perfect).
* In the Report Explorer, right-click on the Formulas category and select New.
* Type a formula name
* In the Formula Workshop, enter the formula I gave you ealier. But this time type in the actual text you want and replace the field names with your date fields.
* Click Save & Close to save your changes and check for errors.
* Drag and drop the formula from the Report Explorer onto the part of the report you want to display the text.

Hope this helps.

B

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version