Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: A real issue... Post Reply Post New Topic
Hammershell

Online Status: Offline
Quote Hammershell Replybullet Topic: A real issue...
    Posted: 25 May 2010 at 8:22am
Please help.  I am using CR11 and have a situation where I absolutely must use a command to populate the report.  Our proprietary software can pass one or many patient rows (patient id) to crystal by simply using the option in crystal to "Allow Multiple Values" = YES.  The problem is that Crystal can only allow multiple values when you are NOT using commands. 

If you use commands, you are only given the option to give the parameter a name and select the value type.  I must be able to select the "Allow Multiple Values" = YES or this is not going to work!  Any workarounds?...maybe something that is really out of the box?

Thanks,

Joel
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:30am

don't think I have encountered this.  I have used commands to populate multiselects...it's been years, but it was in CR XI...OH, I think I see the issue, you can't pass an array or a table to a command...you can tell the command to select from a table.  You might be able to pass a 'table' by passing a delimited string or by having the app populate a permanent 'temp' table that the command can access.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version