Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Error Crystal + Visual Basic.net Post Reply Post New Topic
pnavarro26

Online Status: Offline
Quote pnavarro26 Replybullet Topic: Error Crystal + Visual Basic.net
    Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 11:09am
One develops application in visual basic.net .. in the above mentioned application I show a few reports in crystal report. In my machine everything works well because I have crystal reports installed, but on having installed the system in the servant of production (where I do not have the Visual one installed studio not crystal reports), I does not allow to visualize the reports me and shows me the following mistake on having tried to execute a report:

A Crystal Reports job falied because a free license could not be obtained in tha time allocated. More licenses can be purchased direct from Crystal decisions or through the Crystal Decisions Online Store.

Note: I use crystal 9 to develop the reports.

To solve the above mentioned mistake, I install to the servant of production a runtime got rid of the page: http: // support.businessobjects.com/downloads/m erge_modules.asp.

This file contains a package of installation for Crystal Reports 9 and .NET. This package should install all the files runtime needed(asked) for the uses of the .NET using the reports 9 of the crystal. On having executed this file in the servant of production, the route is not generated where the corresponding bookshops reside, that is to say, the folder of merge you modulate where the bookshops reside.

I wanted to know, if it is necessary to make something additional or another thing .. to install the bookshops necasarias that do not allow me to visualize the reports????Cry

IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Online Status: Offline
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 1:09pm
I am guessing this is a licensing error caused by a missing or inaccurate keycode.

When you move your application to the production server, you need to install it. There are certain things the application needs to run. One of them is a keycode (think license number).  If you have not installed the application or Crystal on the server you need to make a setup or install application and include the CR merge modules. Be sure to enter the keycode in the appropriate property field in the CR merge modules. You can get the key code from the about Visual Studio screen, click the Crystal Reports line and use the Copy button.  Then paste the number into the merge module keycode property.

Run the setup on the server and then try your report, to see if the error is the same or different.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John W.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version