Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: CR Viewer or dashboard Post Reply Post New Topic
PhilAJ

Online Status: Offline
Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Topic: CR Viewer or dashboard
    Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 9:59am
Does anyone know of any 'freeware' or low cost Runtime software for launching Crystal Reports - either from stand alone or from MSAccess or Excel etc?

I am an independent consultant and I create a lot of CRystal reports for clients. They all purchase one or more copies of CRystal at my insistence but never enough for all users.

Ideally, I would like to develop a 'front end' where I could list all available reports and allow them to run them. If the default parameteres could be saved, and a Dashboard type interface produced then even better.

I can develop everything needed - apart from the actual running of the report itself.

These are mainly small client who wouldn't pay for advance BI tools - hence the need for 'cheap or free'.

Phil
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 9:40am

There is a free viewer that is available from SAP for Crystal.  It is available here:  http://www.sap.com/solutions/sap-crystal-solutions/query-reporting-analysis/sapcrystalviewer/techdetails/index.epx

-Dell
IP IP Logged
PhilAJ

Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 1:00am
Thanks Hilfy - looks good
IP IP Logged
AndrewMBaines

Quote AndrewMBaines Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 11:28pm
Downside of the SAP viewer is that it doesn't refresh data. I have a freebie viewer call rtpView that refreshes the data. It doesn't remember the database login or parameter values, but not a big deal to add. My website details are in my signature, give me a call to discuss if you'd like something customised. I partner with a lot of other Crystal consultants in the UK.
Andrew Baines
www.pursuittechnology.co.uk
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version