Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: big help needed with summarizing.. Post Reply Post New Topic
sch9009

Online Status: Offline
Quote sch9009 Replybullet Topic: big help needed with summarizing..
    Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 6:42am
So I know that with crystal you can summarize on said summaries.. but I have read about work arounds, but trying to apply to my situation.

First let me explain the basis of my report:

This report shows items that are in a supply room.  With a lot of formula, it suggests what "Par Level" an item should have... par meaning, what is the average order during the week.  This report recommends if the par level should be raised or lowered.

We put the formula together by finding the daily average (for how often the item is ordered) and factored that against the frequency the item is ordered during the week.

Where I am getting into trouble is creating a report based on the one explained where I can see how many items at Location A need the par raised, lowered, and left alone... and show the same for location B...  eventually, the end users will just drill down on their respected locations.

When I try to group and count the items (based on if the item's par should be raised or lowered) I run into cannot be summarized errors.

I attached a file with some screen shots to help visualize this.

This file shows storage location WC6C, with a handful of items and their recommended par modification.  The daily average was calculated by adding up all orders for a specified date range, and divided it by order frequency (which is 6 days a week).  The recommendations to raise or lower a par are compared to the current par level (all of which you will see in the attachment)...

So in the long run, we will be able to run this report and see how many items on various locations have items that need to raise or lower their par levels.

In english:  looking to count all the raise par, lower par, and not change needed and tie them to each location:

example:

Location    Raise Par         Lower Par           No Change
WC6C           25 Items           4 Items             15 Items
WC7C           5 Items            2 Items             20 Items

and so on and so forth.

Eventually, we will want to be able to drill down into each respective category, but that can be saved for another time.

I have a feeling this will have to be solved with shared values... which I am terrible at.

I tried attaching the file, but the post won't let me, so hopefully I explained my self.

thanks

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version