Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Map Latitude and Longitude Post Reply Post New Topic
p&ccrystal

Online Status: Offline
Quote p&ccrystal Replybullet Topic: Map Latitude and Longitude
    Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 7:48pm
Can Crystal map latitude and longitude coordinates from GPS tools? The first time I created a map in Crystal, a dialog box instructed me to insert my disk to load the dlls so it could generate a map. I was hoping there would be tools loaded that could use lat and long data for mapping. I can do maps based on Citys, States and zip codes with no problem in Crystal. Is there a way to use GPS coordinates? I have a copy of Microsoft MapPoint 2004 which I have to use to see where the coordinates are. My MS SQL database has lat and long fields to track assets and I would like to generate maps right in Crystal instead of exporting columns of lat and long values and then inputting them into MapPoint2004.

Thanks for helping!
10 year user of Crystal Reports - recently implemented Crystal Server 11.5
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 8:35pm
That's a great question. Unfortunately, I haven't seen how to do it. Maybe someone else has some ideas? Also, the full blown mapping product (the up-sell) might have it as a feature. You could check the companies website if you had the budget to purchase it.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version