Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Crystal report Post Reply Post New Topic
rafi

Online Status: Offline
Quote rafi Replybullet Topic: Crystal report
    Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 6:36pm
hi i want to create a ttx file in crystal report. but i dont know how to create . please anybody tell me procedure and way of connection
IP IP Logged
CircleD

Online Status: Offline
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 11:19pm
If I understand what you are trying to do then I believe this is what you need.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v6r0/topic/com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.doc.devtools/developer/RuntimeReporting_JRC2.html

Configuring a report based on a Data Definition (TTX) file

To report off runtime data sources contained in your project, your report must be based on a Data Definition (TTX) file. A Data Definition file is a tab separated text file, with a .ttx file extension, that is an outline of a table structure. Each line in a TTX file contains a field name, data type, length (if the data type is a string), and one piece of sample data.

To create a report based on a Data Definition file using the Crystal report designer
  1. Open a new or existing report in the Crystal report designer.
  2. Open the Database Expert by clicking on the toolbar icon or selecting Database > Database Expert.
  3. Select Create New Connection > Field Definitions Only > Make New Connection.
  4. The Field Definitions Only dialog box opens. If you already have an existing TTX file that contains the data structure of your runtime data source, skip to step 7. Otherwise, continue to step 4 to create a TTX file based on the data structure of your runtime data source.

5. Click Create File....
  6. The Database Definitions Tool opens.

7. Add the fields required to represent the runtime data source.
  8. For each field in your runtime data source, create a field entry in the TTX file by entering the name, type, length (if type is a String), and example data.

9. Save the Data Definition file by selecting File > Save As and then choose a location for the TTX file. It is recommended that you save the file in your project workspace.
  10. Select a Data Definition file by clicking the Browse (...) button.

You can now use the Data Definition file as a data source for an existing report or to create a new report. Once you have a report based on a Data Definition file, you can then use that report in your web application and push runtime data to the report. See Pushing runtime data to a report for details.

Note:    The data structure of the runtime data being pushed to a report must match the data structure defined in the Data Definition file.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version