Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: How to Change datasource based on parameter value? Post Reply Post New Topic
kpsmithuk

Online Status: Offline
Quote kpsmithuk Replybullet Topic: How to Change datasource based on parameter value?
    Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 5:48am
Hi

I'm trying to create a product running history report for QA purposes however we have changed computer systems and I need my report to use one datasource (old database) if the date parameter is set to a date (date range) prior to the change, and the new database if set after the change.

The datasets are of very different structure in terms of the tables used and fields, my goal would be to superimpose the fields from each over each other and suppress/unsupress based on the date value.

There will be a problem for date ranges which would give results from both databases.

But without using sections in the details with the results from each db in seperate sections perhaps??? I don't see anyway of getting around this but would save writing 2 seperate reports.

Is what I'm proposing possible?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 9:04am

Create two subreports in your main report.  The main report will take in the parameters and pass them to the subreports.  The first subreport will connect to the old database and the second to the new one.  Each will be in it's own section of the main report.  You'll have to do a little work to make sure that the fields line up correctly as you move from one subreport to the next.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version