Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Connection Object Post Reply Post New Topic
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote kirandb Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Connection Object
    Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:54am
I am using crystal reports 2008. I am accessing Oracle a stored procedure in my report. Everything works fine but i want remove the connection paramters such as Schema Name, Username and Password that is needed to connect to the database and drive the report based on some configuration file which hold information regarding the connection parameters. In this way , when i migrate the report template to UAT  and PROD,  i dont have to worry abt the changing the connection params through crystal designer.
We moved away from Actuate. We had this feature in Actuate but cant figure out a way to do it in Crystal.
Is it possible.

Thanks,
Kiran
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 10:34am
How are you running your report?  Is it through BusinessObjects, Crystal Server, or a web app?

You can't remove the existing connection info.  However, there are ways to override the connection info, depending on what you're using to run the reports.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
kirandb
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kirandb Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 10:40am
I am using Business Objects. I checked the options in CMC, I have to select the first option where you sav the password but cannot change the Schema name. I can override the connection if i use the second option but in that case i am getting duplicate records because the report runs twice for some odd reason. This could be because of the OLAP stored proc that is being used by the crystal report.
Inthe first option of connection parameters in CMC, the schema name is greyed out which is why i am having problems. Is there a way to overried this atleast ?

Thanks,
Kiran
share your knowledge
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version