Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: EDM Data Source for Crystal Report in VS2010 Post Reply Post New Topic
paulmcm

Online Status: Offline
Quote paulmcm Replybullet Topic: EDM Data Source for Crystal Report in VS2010
    Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 11:14pm
Hi - I've a simple report form that has a few buttons for different reports. When a button is clicked i'm doing this:

private void btnStatutoryDirectorsListing_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {      frmStatutoryDirectorsListing frmStatutoryDirectorsListing = new frmStatutoryDirectorsListing(){ StartPosition = FormStartPosition.CenterScreen };      
frmStatutoryDirectorsListing.Show();
}
within the load event of frmStatutoryDirectorsListing i'm doing the following to display my report:

private void frmStatutoryDirectorsListing_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{      
StatutoryDirectorsListing rptStatutoryDirectorsListing = new StatutoryDirectorsListing();      crystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rptStatutoryDirectorsListing;
}

The datasource for this report is 2 entities from my EDM, at the minute I just want to display a couple of fields from each entity but when I run the application and click the button to display the report, I am being asked for a Database login? Can I set my project up so that the report is automically logged onto the DB? Also are there any online examples of setting up an EDM as the data source for CR within VS2010?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version