Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: 2 copies on the same page Post Reply Post New Topic
Just

Online Status: Offline
Quote Just Replybullet Topic: 2 copies on the same page
    Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 2:19am
Can anyone tell me how to make Crystal pring a copy of the same report on the same page as the first one?
So if I choose print the report twice, both show up on one page. I have checked that no section has 'new page after' selected.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 3:37am
do you want the report interleaved in your printed, as in: 2 copies of page 1 on page 1, then 2 copies of page 2 on page 2 or is the report just really short and you want the entire report printed twice and it happens that 2 copies will fit on 1 page?

if it is the later, I would make a new report, and use the existing report as a subreport, and just put it into the main report twice...then CR will see it as 1 report and print it on 1 page if possible.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Just

Quote Just Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:29am
I have each copy with different header. ( origila, copy, duplicate etc. I want 2 copies on 1 piece of paper.

EG. copy 1 'original', copy 2 'copy' - I want original and copy on the same page each taking half a page of space. Print in 1 copy of each report header. I don't want the entire report printed twice, each page to show up only once.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:41am
but you do want to print the report twice...a copy is just printing it again, you just want the heading to change...the data is the same.

It sounds like you want to interleave the report, and the only thing that comes to mind is to group on the base information, and then group on the heading information.  If the heading information is not part of the data, ie you're just making up that one section is original and the other is copy, I would still go with the subreport idea for the data, and just change the heading as you need to.

IP IP Logged
Just

Quote Just Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 8:29am
thanks for the tip. I will try that.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version