Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: blank screen Post Reply Post New Topic
kimt

Online Status: Offline
Quote kimt Replybullet Topic: blank screen
    Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 11:32am
Messed up vb.net 2008 and cr2008 and don't have a clue how to undo.

Presently, when a new form is created, a CRReportViewer placed on the form, a new report is created and then viewed, there is nothing there.

Any Ideas on how to cure would be great. thanx. Below is what i see after the setup.
IP IP Logged
kimt

Quote kimt Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 12:32pm
Transferred the folder to a laptop with the same programs installed and all is ok in oz on the laptop. Leads me to think it might be view problem?

On the laptop when the .rpt or when a report is added to the solution and that form (.rpt) has focus there is a Crystal Reports menu item with about a dozen subjects. That menu item - Crystal Reports - is not present therefore not available on desktop station.

Anyone know how to bring it back? I have uninstalled both vs 2008 and cr 2008 and re-installed. Nothing changed.

Edited by kimt - 04 Apr 2012 at 11:11am
IP IP Logged
kimt

Quote kimt Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 3:43am
My solution was installation sequence. After many hours of messing around with uninstalling, installing and researching the my problem, I found this comment http://weblogs.asp.net/guybarrette/archive/2008/03/17/will-the-real-crystal-reports-2008-stand-up.aspx
under 'George said'. He gives five scenarios from which it occurred to me that installation sequence should be considered.

After a final uninstalling of both VS2008 and CR 2008 and creating a new restore point, CR 2008 was installed and then VS2008. Voila! All is OK in Oz. Even the day after. Something akin to the past three days' religious events.

It is incomprehensible to me that with all of the conversation concerning the difficulties and idiosyncrasies with Crystal Reports with installation and deployment, among others, that SAP continues to maintain a cavalier attitude for customer support. If it exists they have it well hidden on their site and also in their attitude toward programmers.

Therefore, the more programmers discover solutions to using reporting programs of all kinds, it is important to post those solutions so the rest of us can benefit.

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version