Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Advice: Moving to New Server. Post Reply Post New Topic
goshawk

Online Status: Offline
Quote goshawk Replybullet Topic: Advice: Moving to New Server.
    Posted: 24 May 2012 at 3:14am
Hello, just looking for a few pointers on what direction I should proceed.
Here is a general over of of the situation I find myself.

I work for a non-profit and we recently moved our servers to another provider. This required some upgrading in terms of OS, dot.net version etc.

I support a dot.net intranet net application (VB.net but also work some in C#)

We have a few Crystal Reports that were written YEARS ago by someone that no longer works here. We have not made changes to them well for a long time.

To display them the app uses some classic asp  code. I guess I should mention, I'm a little confused confused by the various products offered, especially since my needs are pretty simple.

Ok the as is:
It has a crystal Rpt View with the copy right:Copyright © 1997-2002 Crystal Decisions, Inc.
CODEBASE="/viewer/activeXViewer/activexviewer.cab#Version=9,2,0,442"

and a Rptserver.asp. Basically there are some aspx pages that the users specifies paramerters (for select or and order on the sql query) then it calls the asp code to serve up the crystal report via the active X viewer

Of course I don't have the installs for what I think is the original Crystal Decisions.

One of my co-workers has installed a trial version of SAP Crystal Report Server 2011.  

Obviously I rather just get the original code working since that seems less work, but that seems to require the install of Crystal Enterprise 9 and some RAS stuff.   Oh the new machine is Windows server 2008 R2

I have used Mr. Google but have gotten a bit overwhelmed with all the information. Basically I'm just looking for a simple example to take a asp  or aspx page and be able to call a crystal reports (with some parameters) and display the report in a browser for a web based intranet application.

Also I was looking for a viewer type Cab file and could not find one on the c drive, but about the time I gave up I found it on the D drive. I am wondering if the location of the viewer files matters.

It was located at

D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers

Any advice would be greater appreciated.

Pat

www.gypsyfarm.com
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version