Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: npviewer exporting Post Reply Post New Topic
keiths

Online Status: Offline
Quote keiths Replybullet Topic: npviewer exporting
    Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 4:37am
I am using CR version 8.5.  I work for the state, so updates are very rare.  However, I have been told that we will update the first of September which is the beginning of our fiscal year.  I know, this is ridiculous, but I don't have any sayso regarding the updates.

My question until we can do a update is how to export using the npviewer.  We are distributing machines with Windows 7 and IE 8.0.  I was able to get CR to work using the npviewer to display reports on these user machines.  However, the export button does not work.  Whenever the export button is clicked on, the process starts.  It asked where to save the file, what format, etc.  Whenever the user selects Excel as the file type, the only option is Excel 5.0.  The user then names the file and clicks save.  CR acts like it is exporting, but whenever it asks the user if they want to open the file after exporting, nothing happens if they click open the file.  Also if they go to the folder where the file was supposed to have been saved, there is no file there.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  We really need to have this option for the next couple of months.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
IP IP Logged
keiths

Online Status: Offline
Quote keiths Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 5:01am
Just in case anyone else comes across this issue, here are instructions to resolve it.

1)      Open Internet Explorer

2)      Go to Internet Options and click on Security Tab

3)      Click on Internet

4)      Slide Security Level Zone to Low

5)      Uncheck enabled protected mode

6)      Click on Local Intranet

7)      Slide Security Level Zone to Low

8)      Click on Trusted Sites

9)      Uncheck Require Server Verification (HTTPS:) for all sites in this zone

10)   Add url for site

11)   Click Apply

12)   Click OK

Go to a report and run the report.  Export the report to Excel.  There will be several messages about Protected mode, but ignore those.  After saving the file in a folder, review to make sure the file is there and open it using Excel.

Close Internet Explorer

Open Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options.  Click on Reset all Zones to default level and save.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version