Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Configuration Error - (PLEASE URGENT) Post Reply Post New Topic
Sandy0708

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sandy0708 Replybullet Topic: Configuration Error - (PLEASE URGENT)
    Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 11:48pm
Hi All,

***** URGENT ******

I am using ASP .NET 2.0 and I have used the Crystal Report.
its working Fine in My Developments Server.

But When I am uploading to my Online Web Server, Its Showing Following Error :

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Imp: The Web Server Support Team are not agree to load any Crystal Report Support Software in the Server, Please Help me ?

From My End : I have downloaded the Above DLL  (ClientDoc.DLL) and uploaded to the Server but no result, Same Error is still persist,

I even try to get Help from Other forum but no result.
If this is a Real Crystal Report Forum, I will get the Answer As soon as Possible.

I've tried all possible ways but its seems to be no value....

Please I am working on a OnLine application which is very very importannt for me as a Team Lead to Upload the WebApp.

Cheers!

Sandy.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2007 at 7:06am
I think the problem you are talking about is that you are trying to do an installation of CR onto a web server and the server team isn't letting you properly install the CR software. When you install CR, there are A LOT of changes made to your computer and this includes adding registry entries used by CR configuration. What you are attempting to do is just copy the DLLs onto the server and get CR to run. Unfortunately, this isn't possible b/c you also need to add configuration entries to the registry and this can only be done by running the CR installation. Thus, you need to get your server team to review the CR installation package and test it so that they feel comfortable installing it on the production server.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Sandy0708

Quote Sandy0708 Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2007 at 8:46pm
Hey BrianBischof,

I am lucky to say you that I got the solution,

Slution is giving Below:
--------------------------------

I just Created one Crystal Report.msi file by using VS.NET
in the same project, generally it copies all the dll to remote location where you wants.

Now Issue is:
-------------------
The Crystal report is loading in my Local Test Machine but in Web Server, its showing that, Load Report Failed, Same Code,

its not any Runtime error.
----------------------------------
when i am clicking the button Print for Reports, its showing the error, other wise i am able to work in my web app..

Do you have any Idea ?

Please Help Me to resolve this issue.

(Once I am able to run Properly, I will put the all the steps how i resolved this issue, becos no where else i am finding the solution)

Cheers!

Sandy.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 4:04pm
Are you actually running the MSI on the web server? This is necessary to make sure all the DLLs are registered on the server and that the misc. Windows registry entries are made.

My first thought is that this is a permission problem. I would check the folders to make sure that the ASPNET account has access to the folders where your reports are saved. Also, make sure you have read/write permission to the temp folder that CR uses. This causes many people problems b/c they forget that when CR tries to open a report that it creates a copy of that report in the temporary folder and uses that for processing the report passes. Since web servers are locked down pretty securely, it might be a challenge to track everything down and set the correct permissions.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Sandy0708

Quote Sandy0708 Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 2:17am

hi,

I also checked the Permission, but the permission is not the issue it seems to be.

can you give any ither idea, why its showing

"Load Report Failed"

Cheers!

Sandy.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version