Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: about CR+eclipse Post Reply Post New Topic
Iozan

Online Status: Offline
Quote Iozan Replybullet Topic: about CR+eclipse
    Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 3:59am
hello everybody!
i've downloaded the plugin of crystal reports for eclipse, so i can make projects in the eclipse interface, it seems to be great!!
i've followed the steps shown in here:

http://diamond.businessobjects.com/system/files/CR4E_Getting+Started+Guide.pdf

found on http://diamond.businessobjects.com/node/320

nearly everything seems to be ok but at the last part, on PAGE 18, it says:

21) Click on the “Preview” tab to preview the report. Your report should look similar to the following:

but when i try to do it, my eclipse stops working and crashes :S

oh and, by the way, if i open the report on crystal reports (the original program, not the plugin for eclipse) and y try to see the Preview, it asks me for a user and a password of JDBC(JNDI), and i really dont know what's that and of course i havent configured a user and password!!

does someone know why that happens?

thanks a lot for your help in advance!! Big%20smile
IP IP Logged
user77

Online Status: Offline
Quote user77 Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 7:14am
Did you find an answer to your problem?  I was about to give up on Crystal Reports for Eclipse because it crashed any time I tried to do anything.

Turns out it's not a problem with Crystal Reports, but a problem with the Sun JVM. 

If you're on Windows, try downloading the Eclipse Developer Package from IBM.  It's bundled with IBM's Java 5 JVM, but comes with Eclipse 3.2 (not 3.3).  So you'll need to copy out the ibm_sdk50 folder to C:\Program Files.

You'll also need to download the All-in-one Installation package of Crystal Reports for Eclipse.  Install it to C:\Program Files.  Modify the eclipse.ini file for Crystal Reports for Eclipse to point to the IBM JVM by adding a -vm ..\ibm_sdk50\jre\javaw.exe option.

The memory usage is SIGNIFICANTLY less, so you shouldn't get perm gen errors anymore (they caused the crashes).  I was seeing up to 175,000K usage with the Sun JVM, it's down to about 2200K usage with the IBM JVM.

Edited by user77 - 17 Jan 2008 at 7:15am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version