Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Issues printing labels from Web viewer Post Reply Post New Topic
Twalker

Online Status: Offline
Quote Twalker Replybullet Topic: Issues printing labels from Web viewer
    Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 1:51pm
Greetings everyone,

We have recently deployed an ASP.NET application to allow our users to print out shelf labels.  The labels were designed in Crystal Reports.NET using 3rd party fonts for both the text and barcodes.  

I have noticed when you go to print the labels using the default activeX web viewer control.  The viewer defaults to converting the file to a PDF format.  I then print the labels using the Adobe acrobat viewer.  The problem is it doesn't keep the original fonts from the report or translate the barcode font correctly.   The barcode font works by translate special 2 digit characters and translates each set to the final barcode.  On the print output we end with the untranslated characters.

I have installed the fonts on to the IIS server.  However, this did not correct the problem.

The other issue is when I go to print out my lables I ended up seeing another users label selections.  This occurs after I have click the print button on the activeX viewer control.   I suspect whats happening on the IIS server is that each user request is overwriting the pervious temporary report file.  Is there a way to safely protect each user's label results? 

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Twalker

Quote Twalker Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 4:06pm
I manage to fix the barcode and text font issue.  It was just a simple matter of rebooting the server after installing the fonts.

Whoops!
IP IP Logged
Twalker

Quote Twalker Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 10:49am
The last issue with users seeing other user's results had to do with not using the Session to maintain state.
IP IP Logged
BlueMoon

Quote BlueMoon Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2008 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Twalker

I manage to fix the barcode and text font issue.  It was just a simple matter of rebooting the server after installing the fonts.

Whoops!

Hi Twalker,

Glad you managed to fix it in the end, with most things it does seem as though you have to reboot the server after installing something. Least you will know what to do now if you ever have the same sort of problem after installing something again.
| Label Printing | Printed Labels | - BlueMoon
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version