Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Simple Table? Post Reply Post New Topic
Patrick

Online Status: Offline
Quote Patrick Replybullet Topic: Simple Table?
    Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 4:03am
Hi! I'm pretty new to Crystal Reports, so forgive me if my questions are little dumb.  %20...%20Shift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20CTRL+F5%20reloads%20the%20whole%20page.

How is it possible to draw a Simple Table with the integrated report designer in Visual Studio? I need one for my header section. (Im using VS 2008 Team Suite or VS 2005 Team Suit)

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 10:41am
It's not a dumb question at all. CR doesn't have a feature to draw a simple table (although they should). What you need to do is draw lines on your report to simulate a table. It's not hard to do, it just takes a little experimentation to get all the lines to match up and look good.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 10:43am
You can also turn on the borders around each report object and make sure the edges are on top of each other. This makes it look like a table as well.

I have a lot of information about formatting reports in my Encyclopedia book and I'm also posting new chapters for the CR 2008 online. You might want to check it out. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Patrick

Quote Patrick Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 1:02am
Ok, thanks. Now i don't have to waste time searching...%20...%20Shift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20CTRL+F5%20reloads%20the%20whole%20page.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version