Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: subreports not linking - going MENTAL!! Post Reply Post New Topic
pedroponting

Online Status: Offline
Quote pedroponting Replybullet Topic: subreports not linking - going MENTAL!!
    Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 6:45pm
How hard can this be?

I have two subreports on my main report. They are supposed to be linked on a StaffId field. There are two tables, Staff and Tasks, both with a StaffId field. The main report is grouped by StaffId and the subreports are in the group footer for StaffId. I set up the links as instructed on the StaffId field. First of all I got no filtering whatsoever in the subreports. I then discovered that if I added a group selection formula, I got the filtering I wanted, with one major problem: the summary at the bottom of the subreport continues to summarise data from all records, not just the displayed, filtered records. This is starting to give me apoplexy. I would assume that if the record selection formula for the subreport filters the data on the StaffId, then everything, including summary fields, should be done on the selected records. Oh for a good old Access report, where everything works according to logic!
------------
laziness is the father of invention
IP IP Logged
pedroponting

Online Status: Offline
Quote pedroponting Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 10:58pm
After a day of tearing my hair out, I solved this. Turned out I needed to add another group level (StaffId), even though the data was supposed to already be filtered for one StaffId - search me!
------------
laziness is the father of invention
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version