Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Different Markers for Different Data Lines Post Reply Post New Topic
shaselsc

Online Status: Offline
Quote shaselsc Replybullet Topic: Different Markers for Different Data Lines
    Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:18pm

I would like to make a line graph with markers that does something seemingly simple, but I can't seem to find where to make the necessary changes. I have a graph that has two lines of data. I'd like to have the markers be different for each line, like rectangles on one and diamonds on another. Is this possible?

I'm using the Crystal Reports included with Visual Studio .NET 2005.

Thanks,
Steve
IP IP Logged
shaselsc

Quote shaselsc Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2008 at 7:27am
Ok, I guess I was right in that it was a simple solution. I just created two different graphs with transparent backgrounds and overlayed them, each with different markers. Thanks anyway.
IP IP Logged
Lugh

Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2008 at 5:09am
As a caveat, that can end up going wrong.  Crystal does a lot of automatic formatting of its charts.  When your data changes, it could potentially end up changing the size of one chart, and not the other.  I've had that happen before when I tried to do this.  If you have a static Y-axis (say, a percentile graph), then it's less likely to be an issue.  But, it's something to be aware of.

IP IP Logged
shaselsc

Quote shaselsc Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:08am
Yes, I've definitely run into a lot of automatic chart formatting issues, but this particular graph is a percentile graph so I haven't run into resizing problems. Also, I'm not sure if there's any other way to do it. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Edited by shaselsc - 14 May 2008 at 6:17am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version