Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Disappearing table in Terminal Server Post Reply Post New Topic
scp1973

Online Status: Offline
Quote scp1973 Replybullet Topic: Disappearing table in Terminal Server
    Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 2:35pm
After installing Crystal Report in Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server, I can stand in front of the server (as administrator) AND/OR Terminal into the machine as administrator and create reports.

Once I log off my TS session, I can stand in front of the server (as administrator) and create reports BUT NOT Terminal into the machine as administrator and create reports.

When I Terminal in, I select my ODBC source, log into it, then I go to add table via Data Explorer.  I see them get added, but once I close the Data explorer POOOF, the tables disappear.  I also get a "Dos error." when trying to open an already written report that uses the same ODBC source.

I have absolute full permissions to every single file on the server (and the data source server for that matter).  I'm thinking that the ODBC source (a MAS server) likes me for a while, especially after I do the install, but after I log back into the server via a Terminal Session, it dislikes me for some reason.  On a side note the connection tests good either way I go into the server.

Please help.

And if you solve this, my company (well probably actually I), will be glad to send a gift card or something your way.
IP IP Logged
Emir_W

Online Status: Offline
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 7:55pm
hmm.. it sound like security access from user/TS to the SQL (at least).

maybe this article can help:

hope it help.

Emir W
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version