Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Why is everything centered? Post Reply Post New Topic
Dyrge

Online Status: Offline
Quote Dyrge Replybullet Topic: Why is everything centered?
    Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 12:58am
I have created a report with the embedded Crystal Reports designer in Visual Studio 2005. In the design and preview modes, the report looks fine with the text left justified as it should be. When I run the web app which displays the report with a CrystalReportViewer control, the text that was left justified in the design and preview modes is center. I can't figure out why. I haven't found any properties that should be making it centered. Is there something I am overlooking?

And please don't refer me to the book. I have one ordered and I am waiting for it to get here. But until it does, I am limited to what I can get on the web.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 10:41am
Hey Dyrge, unfortunately the book doesn't cover this. I haven't seen it before. I would look at the underlying HTML and see how the data is being formatted. Is CR using Align='center' in it? Or is it not sending any alignment settings and the browser is somehow defaulting to center? There could be another setting in the previous HTML causing the following text to be centered. Again, I haven't seen this before but this is how I would go about figuring out what is wrong.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Dyrge

Quote Dyrge Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 10:43pm

The Crystal Report Viewer control is the only thing on that page. There is no alignment tag set anywhere on that page. The page that it is in a content page. But every other page that uses the same master page as that (which is every other page in the web app) loads fine. It is only the report inside the Crystal Report Viewer that is center aligned.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 1:45am
Do you have this problem with other reports? What about creating a new project and just displaying a single report on it and seeing what happens. There has to be some strange setting somewhere causing this. I don't have any problems like this nor has anyone else reported such. I wonder if just having a blank webpage with only the viewer will fix it (and no hidden settings)?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Dyrge

Quote Dyrge Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 2:31am
I was having one of those "smart like truck" moments. But it is over now. I found my issue. The center alignment was in my CSS file and was being applied to my content tag in my master page.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 8:56am
Great! Glad to hear you found it. 
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version