Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: date range Post Reply Post New Topic
Ghost

Online Status: Offline
Quote Ghost Replybullet Topic: date range
    Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 8:40pm
Hi ! First time on forum and need help !!!!
I have a report "time and attendance", and need a date range in my report :
month      week       date         hours required          hours worked
                 aug           1          2-6                  40                       41
                 aug           2          9-13                40                       46

what i need to know is how do i get the date range (2-6) and then add each day in week to get the week total of hours worked ? im using sql as a db with fields access date, access time ,identikit(emp name). curently displayed in my report: month,week of year,1 date in week ,hours worked(40) and hours worked (empty)

Need help urgently!!!!

Edited by Ghost - 06 Oct 2010 at 8:41pm
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 3:48am
I am confused by your question.does your source data have a field for total hours per daya per worker?
IP IP Logged
Ghost

Quote Ghost Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 3:59am

i created a running total field for min time in and max time out of biulding ,witch gives me hours worked for each day per employee . In my monthly report i need to add all the hours worked from monday to friday and display it in hours worked for each complete week

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 4:12am
ughhh.
you may start your question from scratch here and post some sample row level data and then define how you want your missing data to appear.
do you really want MON-FRI days or do you want what the worker worked? If you have to have the MON-FRI and a worker did not work on one of those days it gets trickier. Even worse, if they were on vacation for a whole week because there is no data to insert to show the zeros for a whole week summary.
as for calculating the hours for a week I am not sure. If I understand you correctly you have a multiple rows per worker per day and you have to get teh min and max values per day to ge the total hours using an RT. This RT cannot be used to SUM for the week. Is that decription accurate?

Edited by DBlank - 07 Oct 2010 at 4:13am
IP IP Logged
Ghost

Quote Ghost Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:53pm
Sorry for that !

my weekly report :
                             month:   day:   date:   time in:   time out:   time present:
                              aug       mon       2       07:00      16:00             8h
                              aug       tue        3        06:57      16:03             8h06m
all this is displayd for each week .

my monthly report :
                              month:   week:   date:   hours req:   hours worked:
                               aug          1          2-6         40                   40
                               aug          2          9-13       40                   41

field in my database(sql):  access date(date/time);identikit(emp name);identifier(maindoor in/out) 

currently my weekly report works fine .
MY PROBLEM IS MY MONTHLY REPORT WITH THE HIGHLITED FIELDS.
  1. my problem is that i can display only one(2) date in a week and not date 2-6 .
  2. The only solution i have for min/max in/out per day is using a rt but how do i use that to sum the total hours worked in a week ?

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version