Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: OCX control closing too many connections Post Reply Post New Topic
andrewv_dmi

Online Status: Offline
Quote andrewv_dmi Replybullet Topic: OCX control closing too many connections
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 11:02am
Has anyone else seen anything like this?  When I close the screen from which the report was run, all of my database connections close -- not just the one that the report was using.

I'm using CR 8.5 through the OCX control in a J++ (java) application. 

The application has two ODBC connections, CRGUP2 (goes to a SQLBase 6 database) and AGV_FIN (goes to a MySql 4.1 database).  The report uses the AGV_FIN connection and only that.  The connection string being passed to the OCX control is the AGV_FIN connection.

I can run as many reports as I like, and the connections stay open -- until I close the reports screen (contains the OCX control, different from CR's preview window, written by me in java).  Then the CRGUP2 connection closes.  The report's AGV_FIN connection is also closed, but other AGV_FIN connections for the application remain as they were.

I have tried rebooting.  The boss requires us to use these versions because newer versions break this-or-that.

Has anybody seen anything like this before?  Help or at least confirmation that it's not just me would be welcome.

-Andrew Vick
IP IP Logged
andrewv_dmi

Online Status: Offline
Quote andrewv_dmi Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 11:05am
I found a workaround: put the OCX control on the application's main window.  That way, the OCX's window doesn't close untill the application is exiting.

-Andrew Vick
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version