Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Data Entry Frontend Post Reply Post New Topic
robsmith

Online Status: Offline
Quote robsmith Replybullet Topic: Data Entry Frontend
    Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 10:17am
I'm not quite sure if this is the proper section but here goes.

Our company has been using Crystal for a few years, but recently my boss has asked me to find a web front end that will allow different functional areas to input data that will later be used within a Crystal report.  Basically he wants to have web forms that users can fill out that our report production team will later use the data from to create the report.

I've contacted SAP Crystal and they indicated that they have nothing of that kind and referred me to their partner network.  However, the partner network as I'm sure you can imagine is huge and it's turned into a real time suck trying to find something that will work.

I can't imagine that we are the first company that has ever needed something like this so I'm hoping that someone in the forum can point me in the right direction.

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 9:17am
The operative phrase here is, "later use the data from to create the report."  This means that the data needs to be stored some where, usually in a database of some sort.  So, regardless of the end result, you need an application that allows users to enter data and store it for later use.  This is not a "Crystal" issue.  You'll need to find someone who can write this application for you - there is no "off the shelf" third-party tool that will do this for you.

Sorry!

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version