Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreport not displaying data Post Reply Post New Topic
Dyrge

Online Status: Offline
Quote Dyrge Replybullet Topic: Subreport not displaying data
    Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 3:20am
I have several reports in my project. 1 of the reports is the main report and the rest are subreports on that main report. The main report is passed 2 parameters via code when it is created. The values for the 2 parameters come from the query string which is put there via the previous page from what the user selects.

The main report then uses these parameters to determine which items from the the database to display. The data from that table is displayed in 1 details section.

The next 3 details section are just subreports. All 3 of these subreports are passed the ID for the current item and displays data from 2 other tables using that ID. These subreports work fine.

In the report footer is another subreport. It is passed the 2 parameters the main report uses. Via the selection formula and links between the tables, the subreport should display just the items from the 3rd table. The problem come in that the parameters that are passed are related to the 1st table. The 1st and 3rd table are linked via the 2nd table. I have determined an equivalent SQL statement that would return the results I want, and to the best of my knowledge I have replicated that SQL statement inside of crystal reports.

When I view the report that makes up the subreport in preview mode, the report displays the data properly. However, when I preview the main report or view the report from within the web app, the data for the last subreport doesn't display. The text fields that aren't bound to the database display fine. I have even place the parameters on the form and those do get passed properly. But all the bound data fields come up blank for the report.

I don't understand why it is doing this. Any help would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version