Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: The Report Application Server failed Post Reply Post New Topic
snufse

Online Status: Offline
Quote snufse Replybullet Topic: The Report Application Server failed
    Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 10:17am

I have an vb 2005 asp application  that will show a crystal report based upon a user selection which is a job number.

On my development machine all work fine and the report is being shown every time.

When I publish the application the web server it works for most part. Every so often for selected job numbers the report that will not display. When this happens there is a text being displayed above the business object banner saying:

The Report Application Server failed

I have checked the event log and there is no entries. Also there is no stack trace. The application seems to complete normally. I have compared the registry entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Crystal Decisions and they are the same id evelopment and production. I am referencing CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine version11.5.3700.0

The only thing that is different for the reports that are failing is that horizontally they are a little big wider (more data).

I am clueless and hoping that someone could suggest where to start looking. Thank you.

Development machine is running XP Professional Version 2002 SP3
Web Server is running MS Windows Server 2003 Std Edition SP2

Edited by snufse - 01 Mar 2011 at 2:20am
IP IP Logged
kristianwc

Online Status: Offline
Quote kristianwc Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 6:32am
Hi, I've got an identical error, although slightly different setup. VS2008 with asp.net 3.5 running on win2k8 server 64Bit and crystal 2008 (engine version 12.0.2000.0). I have the report code set OK (I think), but I just get a returned error of "The Report Application Server failed" I've tried calling SPs from SQL and direct select queries to test and get the same thing.

Anyone got any suggestion on a fix for this?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version