Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Linking tables Post Reply Post New Topic
Seaport

Online Status: Offline
Quote Seaport Replybullet Topic: Linking tables
    Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:55am
I am pretty much a novice with Crystal Reports 11. I use it to report on cases from our Help Desk software, which is Remedy. We've upgraded from Remedy 6 to 7 and now some of the fields that I want in my reports are contained in separate tables. Up to now I've just eliminated some of the fields and continue to report off 1 table. Now I would like to try to add fields from table B by linking tables A & B. I open my existing report and link the tables using Database Expert. The one field that I link, which I know is the same in each table, is the Incident Number field. The old report works fine, until I try to add a field from Table B. Then all my fields in the report go blank. I've tried different Options on the link (changing to Left Outerjoin etc) and still get the same results. And when I try some options I will get a pop message that says "Failed to retrieve data from the database".  I have used subreports as a workaround before, but I would like to try to get the linking option working. Any help in getting me steered in the right direction is appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version