Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross Tab problem Post Reply Post New Topic
igor

Online Status: Offline
Quote igor Replybullet Topic: Cross Tab problem
    Posted: 22 Jan 2007 at 2:41am
Greetings ppl!
First I must apologize if my English isn't good since I'm not quite familiar with accounting jargon Big%20smile
I'm using CR 9 and I have a little problem. I'm creating a simple cross tab report for viewing Invoices on monthly basis. Columns are invoice months and rows are customers. That part is ok Smile.
Now, in summerized fields I have a formula field that goes like this: QTY*PRICE/EXCRT (exchange rate). Fields used in this formula are from 2 tables and are working just fine, it sums correctly all the values for all the invoices for given month.
The problem is in this - I must include in the mentioned formula a negative value for all the invoices that the customer has changed his mind about the order.
I've created another formula that goes like this:
IF INVOICE_No = INVOICE then -(QTY*PRICE/EXCRT)
ELSE
QTY*PRICE/EXCRT
(formulas are simple but still can't guess why, when I use that part which starts with 'ELSE ...' ,  they don't work).
The result I get is some funny amount.
I've checked both formulas separately (one at a time) in the cross tab and they give me wanted amounts but when I use them both (like two summarized fields) or in a one formula (mentioned before) I don't get what I want.
Any ideas how to solve this?
Thanx
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version