I have the following problem.
Scenario:
I extract data from a ERP system when a Customer or Supplier changes or gets added to the system. I have a automated Crystal report that runs once a day to pull that data and then I save to txt and the data can then be uploaded bu other systems for approving etc.
My Crystal report contains a hard coded header with some info and in the detail section I have the customer/supplier details. When a supplier/customer changes/added I only write the key field (supplier/customer number) to a log file. Crystal then picks up this log file and within the report I get the other information from the database like addresses, contacts etc. There are also custom fields added to the ERP system on the supplier/customer pages. These custom form fields are for State Codes and names and Country Codes and names that gets selected from a mandatory lookup list.
Problem:
There are 2 custom form fields namely: 1. ISO001 and 2. ISO002
This writes to 2 tables within a ISAM db.
Table 1 = ADMFORMDATA
Table 2 = ADMFORVALIDATION
ADMFORMDATA will contain the following:
FORMTYPE KEYFIELD FIELDNAME ALPHAVALUE
CUS 0000001 ISO001 US
SUP 0000010 ISO001 CA
CUS 0000001 ISO002 NY
ADMFORVALIDATION will contain the following:
FORMTYPE FIELDNAME ITEM DESCRIPTION
CUS ISO001 US UNITED STATES
SUP ISO001 CA CANADA
CUS ISO002 NY NEW YORK
I need to print in one line both the ISO001 and ISO002 fields based on the customer/supplier number that is the keyfield in ADMFORMDATA.
I put the whole detail line in a text field because I have to do a lot of formula/conditional suppression.
My problem is that when I added the ISO002 custom field, the report does not print these 2 fields on one line, but splits them into 2 lines.
Any help would be so much appreciated.
Regards,
Menwil Gordon - South Africa