Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Newbie: Report Objects Not Priting at Report Edge Post Reply Post New Topic
xneon

Online Status: Offline
Quote xneon Replybullet Topic: Newbie: Report Objects Not Priting at Report Edge
    Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:54am
Background: The business would like a visual indicator to be displayed at the top of the printed report to differentiate between various orders printed by our brands.

Steps Taken: I have set the margins in the page setup of the report designer to 0 all the way around. I have also ensured that the Printer Options was checked for "No Printer".  After this initial setup, i created a filled box object in the page header section, set the top position to 0 and left position to 0. I also dragged the length out so it's right at the edge of the right-side of the page in the designer.

Problem: When printing, i get about a 1/4 inch margin of white space on the left, right and top of the box object. To my knowlede, our printer does true edge-to-edge printing so I am confused as to why this margins appear when they were clearly set to 0 in the page setup. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
--xneon
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 4:47am
I would check the optimize for printer and set your default printer.  I think that this would give you a visual as to where the report is going to force the margins to be.

It could be that CR doesn't believe your printer is truly edge to edge and so puts in a default...but when it comes to these types of issues, I don't really have expertise...I would just try to work inside the parameters that CR is telling me it is going to do. 

Frustrating I know, but what is there to do?  I guess you try and talk to CR tech support...if it requires a programming change the effective date to get the fix is months away.

HTH
IP IP Logged
xneon

Quote xneon Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 5:04am
I will definitely check into that. Thanks for the suggestions!
--xneon
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version