Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Exporting out of BOE in flat file format Post Reply Post New Topic
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote dbodell Replybullet Topic: Exporting out of BOE in flat file format
    Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:16am
Hi. I know this isn't a Business Objects forum, but I thought I would ask here anyway. I have a Crystal report which has one long field in it. It is a concatenation of all of the fields I need for an "old style" fixed position flat file. In Crystal, when I export it as Record Format (columns without spaces) I get exactly what I want. However, it seems that BOE console does not have that option and when I export it as plain text, it is inserting a bunch of extra blank lines in between each of my records. Does anyone have any advice? Why doesn't BOE console allow you to export in any way that Crystal can?

Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 11:10am
In your report, make sure that ALL of the sections that do not contain your one line of data are suppressed.  Then try exporting to a text file.  There may be some additional tweaking needed in terms of paper size to get it so that you don't get wrapping in the text field, but this should get you started.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version