Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Connected table name changing Post Reply Post New Topic
robins

Online Status: Offline
Quote robins Replybullet Topic: Connected table name changing
    Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 2:02pm
This is my first post - so hopefully I will provide enough information.

I am new to using crystal XI - I am connected to a MySQL server database through an ODBC connection (this server does not belong to our company, but they have given me permission to access it to write my own reports.  I can see the database and all it's tables and have written several reports that have been working well for several months........suddenly when trying to run the report an error message appears saying the table has changed - if I let Crystal fix the table, all is well and the report runs no problem. 

However in the database expert - on the connection side the "offending" table name shows as "agency_response_state" and in the report it shows as "agency_response_state_event" (which is the real name of the table).  I can connect through Microsoft Access using the same ODBC connection and see that the table on the server is still called  "agency_response_state_event".

Even if I create a blank report and brand new connection - I see all the table names I should except for the one still showing as "agency_response_state"  - if I bring this table into crystal - it is blank. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version