Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: VS 2010/CR Post Reply Post New Topic
lonh

Online Status: Offline
Quote lonh Replybullet Topic: VS 2010/CR
    Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 6:22am
I am using visual studio 2010(VB.NET) I have downloaded Sap Crystal Reports developer version for Microsoft visual studio. I have no idea how to begin or use CR. I have created and written vb.net to collect the data i need. I have to do many calculations and group sorting. I am at wits end. I have purchased 2 books and neither has examples. I have registered and purchased crystal reports on line training, but there is nothing for Sap Crystal Reports developer version for Microsoft visual studio.
Poppy Lon
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 5:00am
I haven't started from scratch for years, but basically you add a CrystalReportViewer and then you add a Crystal Report to the viewer. Once you have added the references to your project (if they not already there) you should be able to drag a Crystal Report into the project and design it from there.

If you app has already retrieved the data that you would like to use, design the report using ADO.Net as a datasource. It will want a XML file, just run your program, and once you have the dataset that you want to use for the report, pause the program and have the dataset write itself out to a file, WITH the data schema...now you have the file that the report can use for both design and sample data so you can format it correctly. Once designed, before you actually display the report for the user, just assign your dataset to the reports DataSource and all should be good.

HTH
IP IP Logged
lonh

Quote lonh Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 8:53am
Thanks. I have subscribe to the crystal reports on line. which training should i use(2005/2008.net or XI ?
Poppy Lon
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 4:53am
alas, I don't have a clue. I would guess it depends what you are using at work. CR XI is getting kind of old. I believe that there is a CR 2008 and 2012...but when it comes to learning CR, the basics are still the basics.

Most of the posts to the site are basic questions.

When it comes to .Net, I would think the latest would be the best...but again, they basics are probably the same, for the most part.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version