Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Canot resolve collation conflict Post Reply Post New Topic
lsg1

Online Status: Offline
Quote lsg1 Replybullet Topic: Canot resolve collation conflict
    Posted: 24 Jan 2008 at 1:22pm
I just installed Crystal Reports 2008.

I am trying to retrieve data from a SQL server database. I have many tables (customer, client, address, order, product...) and I can link and successfully retrieve data from everything except the customer table. When I display data solely from the customer table, I have no error, but when I try to display data from customer table and address table, I get the following error:

Failed to retrieve data from database ADO error code: 0x Source Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server Description Cannot resolve collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CPI__CS_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CPI_CI_AS" in the equal to operation
SQL state: 42000

The entire database had collation of CPI_CS when we got the error, and we changed the collation of the entire database to CPI_CI to fix this error, and it still gives the same error. When looking at the properties of the individual tables they all have the same collation.

Just as an aside, I upgraded yesterday from CR version 8.5 and when trying to view the database with that version, I get the error: No rowset was returned for this table query or procedure. Error detected by database DLL

Hope someone can help.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version