Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Change data source in Crystal Report Post Reply Post New Topic
thummel1

Online Status: Offline
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Change data source in Crystal Report
    Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 5:36am
Hi, I'm working on CR 2008. I have a report that pulls data from an ODBC connection as well as an Access table from MS Access. The table from MS Access is quite large, about 1600+ rows of data.

My goal: I no longer want my report to reference this MS Access table because it prevents me from loading this report into Lawson Business Intelligence (LBI) because MS Access is not an aproved Data Source, unlike our ODBC connection. Is there a way to take this Access table, and incorporate the data into my existing report (in some simple way) so that I can stop this connection to MS Access? I've been exploring the CR Respository feature but it looks like we need an ODBC connection to that as well and some behind the scenes server set up for that option to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 5:35am
Short of exporting the data into an accepted source (I do not know what you have available).  FYI- There are free versions of MS-SQL Express available.  There is a size limitation of the data (the last I remember is 4GB).  I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version