Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: CR2008: Unknown Database Connector Error Post Reply Post New Topic
gsaunders

Online Status: Offline
Quote gsaunders Replybullet Topic: CR2008: Unknown Database Connector Error
    Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 12:49pm
Using CR2008.
- I have an existing report that runs just fine.
- I added a new view, linked it in the Links section.
- Worked with it for hours without issue and saving along the way. It continued running all this time without issue.
- I existed the CR Designer and then came back to it a few minutes later and now if I try to run the report I get the "Unknown Database Connector Error"
- If I try to go to the links section it bombs Crystal Reports saying "Crystal Reports Has Stopped Working"
- I can go back to the original report without issue.
- In the updated report there are only 2 fields in use from the view I linked in and they are in formula fields. I remarked out the code so now CR shows the fields not used at all. BUT still get the error. So I know it isn't related to a calculation or anything as there isn't anything there.
- I removed the forumulas all together off of the form and out of the formula fields and STILL get same issue.
- I then tried to remove the added view via the Database export and when you remove it it bombs CR again when you click OK... same as when you go into the links section.
- The only other changes to the report was related making the right margin smaller and moving the fields over to the right a bit... but can't imagine moving the existing fields slightly would be the cause.

So... thoughts? Is there any tool that can reach into the CR file and allow you to remove the view manually possibly circumventing the failure. Just trying to avoid messing with the whole thing again and repositioning all those fields.

Thanks,
Greg
IP IP Logged
gsaunders

Quote gsaunders Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 6:00am
Folks, in the end I rebuilt the report and all is good. The only thing I can think of is there was corruption as everything looks identical between the two if you export the report definition.
IP IP Logged
taniarto
Groupie
Groupie

Quote taniarto Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 3:46pm
I had same problems several times ago. But I upgrade it into XI version and I haven't get the problem again..
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version