Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: 2 page header Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
oksana

Online Status: Offline
Quote oksana Replybullet Topic: 2 page header
    Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 12:32pm

Can someone explain how to create 2 page header (or manage 2 headers) in crystal report.  I have report with 50 columns. first 25 columns must be shown in first page and other ones in 2nd page.

IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar

Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 3:16am
Hi,

You can create two subreports with 25 columns in frist one and 25 in other.

Create Two Fake Groups in Main report and group by them .

Fake Headers formula

WhileReadingRecords;
""

Place the first subreport in first fake group header and second subreport in second fake groupheader.

I am not sure if the remaining 25 columns will start on next page it actually depends on the data that will be printed for first 25 columns.

Cheers
Rahul 

Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 29 Jan 2008 at 3:35am
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 8:37am

How about if you create 2 page headersections, "a" and "b". Under "a" display the first 25 records, rest display under "b" but you need to surpress "b" when page number = 1. That way "b" show on rest of pages but not page1.

Here is how to surpress section "b" so it won't show on 1st page:

Go to section expert, click on section b,write below formula under Surpress (No Drill-Down):

pagenumber = 1

That way section "b" displays on rest of pages but not page 1. Hope this works, I have not tested it.

Lava
IP IP Logged
oksana

Quote oksana Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 9:04am
I apologize, but I am absolutely new in crystal. I ordered CrystalReports.net book and hope I will find answers in it.

I dynamically load data from database in to the Crystal Report. Numbers of column are varied from 10 to 50.  I have 50 columns in my report but only ones that have data are shown. I am passing parameters from VB.net code at runtime and do not know how I can pass parameters in to 2 sub reports.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 9:18am
I'm thinking that rather than create multiple group headers, can you select a custom paper size that is twice as large as your report and that way the left side will be on the first page and the right side will be on the second page. You can select a custom paper size by installing a 'virtual printer' that allows very large page sizes (I saw a post last week that talked about using the HP Plotter printer for this - you can search the forums last week for the post).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
oksana

Quote oksana Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 12:35pm
I found the post.
I created a very nice large report,  but it printed out only the first page. (11 columns). Other pages are empty.  I have data for all columns.
What am I doing wrong?
IP IP Logged
oksana

Quote oksana Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 1:37pm
lsalih
how i can run second header section in second page? I created two headers and two details section. I formated them in way as I want. But  somehow  the second header displays in  second row (not  in second page!!!).  On detail section a checked Next Page After.  If I do Surpress for second header section it is just not shown. 

IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 2:33pm
So you have 2 page headers, "a" and "b", right?

Here is how you surpress conditionally:

Click on Report => Section Expert => select or highlight the header that you want to surpress, in your case it is "b"

to your right, click on formula editor next to Surpress (No Drill-Down)
Type:

Pagenumber = 1

That means surpress when page number is 1.

That is how you do it, but as I said in your header a, you need to display the first 25 records, and then display the rest on header b

Have you tried what Brain suggested?

You can email me directly if you need further help.

Lava

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 2:53pm
I think what Oksana is trying to do is print up to 50 columns on a page and have the extra columns wrap to a second page. Not printing a header on page 1 and another header on page 2. Thus, it's like a cross-tab object which spans horizontally across two pages.

I think my idea is closest to what he wants, but for some reason when it spans to the second page, all he is getting is a blank page. I don't know the reason for this. Maybe someone else has an idea?

What happens if you try using the No Printer option?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
oksana

Quote oksana Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2008 at 7:45am

Brian,

that is exactly what is qoing on.  My report  looks like cross-tab object.  I use a  cross-tab query to populate a dataset  from a temp table. With  No Printer option I am getting only one page.

I am she :) .Oksana is a Russian female name.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version