Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Verify Database when class has changed Post Reply Post New Topic
DHo2008

Online Status: Offline
Quote DHo2008 Replybullet Topic: Verify Database when class has changed
    Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 6:58am
Hi,

I have a Crystal XI report which gathers data from some VB.NET classes. After having added additional properties to one of these classes I want to update the Fields in Crystal's Field Explorer. However when I click on 'Verify Database' a dialog comes up entitled 'ADO.NET (XML)' asking for the File Path, it shouldn't need a file path as the class is contained in the same project!

I have had this problem before, just before Christmas, when modifying the same class however that problem just seemed to 'go away' after a few days. Hopefully this one might as well but I'd quite like to see if anyone has thoughts on what is actually causing the issue. I've compiled the project and rebooted the machine in case that fixed it buy no joy.

Thanks in advance

IP IP Logged
DHo2008

Online Status: Offline
Quote DHo2008 Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 1:06am
Panic over, I'd renamed the class since binding it so needed to set the Datasource location to the new name. So on this case it wasn't Crystal being mental, just a not overly helpful error message.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version