Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How do I prevent page count from starting over? Post Reply Post New Topic
kris10l

Online Status: Offline
Quote kris10l Replybullet Topic: How do I prevent page count from starting over?
    Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:23am
Hope you guys can help me out.

I have “Group Footer #1j” that I want to appear as the Last Page in my form. The Group takes up the majority of the page and should display by itself with a page header.

I have two page headers. “Page Header a” I want to display on all pages EXCEPT the Last Page, and “Page Header b” I want to display ONLY on the Last Page.

Via Section Expert, I have set the following on the Suppress formula.
•Page Header a Suppress: PageNumber=TotalPageCount
•Page Header b Suppress: PageNumber<>TotalPageCount

This appears as if it might work, but my Page Numbers are starting over with the “Group Footer #1j”. This is occurring whether or not I select “New Page Before” on the Paging Tab in Section Expert for "Group Footer #1j". Because my Pages are starting over, “PageHeader a” is showing up, causing my “Group Footer #1j” to split onto two pages.

Why is my Page count starting over with the “Group Footer#1j” and how do I PREVENT it from starting over?

I appreciate any help you can give!
IP IP Logged
kris10l

Quote kris10l Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:55am
So, I'm finding where others are trying to force the restart of the paging with groups, but not where it's already doing it like it is for me.

Has anyone else encountered this or can you provide some insight into how the page count is managed?
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 7:46am
section expert look under each section to see if the 'reset page number after' option is selected or has a conditional formula
IP IP Logged
kris10l

Quote kris10l Replybullet Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 4:56am
Sure enough. It was checked on at the Group Footer #1: level. I had looked at the Group Footer #1a: - #1j: and not found it there. Odd how it only reset with the Group Footer #1j:
Thank you for the response. :)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version