Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Percentage line chart Post Reply Post New Topic
victoria61485

Online Status: Offline
Quote victoria61485 Replybullet Topic: Percentage line chart
    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 5:15am
Hello,

I have a report with an ID number field called BABY_MRN. I also check a criteria for the record for each BABY_MRN and if these records meet the criteria another field, COLD_IN_TIME_FRAME, is populated with a 1 for that BABY_MRN. I would like a line chart that shows, for month to month, the percentage of BABY_MRN's where COLD_IN_TIME_FRAME, is populated with a 1, vs the total number of BABY_MRN's. I have been able to build a line chart that shows month to month the sum of BABY_MRN's where COLD_IN_TIME_FRAME, is populated with a 1, but I need what percentage this represents to the total. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 4:51am
To get a percentage, you need to do more than just sum. I would create a formula that looks something like this (assumes that you have a group on the date that's set to view monthly):

Sum({table.COLD_IN_TIME_FRAME}, {table.DateField}, "monthly") % Count({table.BABY_MRN}, {table.DateField}, "monthly")

This will display the values and might work in the chart. Also, the "%" operator will automatically give you a percentage that automatically multiplies the result by 100 instead of you having to explicitly do the multiplication in the formula.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
victoria61485

Quote victoria61485 Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 3:43am
Thank you! I will try that.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version