Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Back date Post Reply Post New Topic
brreid

Online Status: Offline
Quote brreid Replybullet Topic: Back date
    Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 10:06am
I am running Crystal X, and I am looking for all people that was born on a specific date (21 and older) in my database today, this is easy, however I would like to know how many people (21 and older) was in my database in December of 2006, how do I back date a search, pretending that today is 12/2006
Thank you
Thanks for sharing the knowledge
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 11:53am
Are you wanting to exclude people that were registered after December 2006? If so, you need to have the date that they were added to your database as one of the fields. Then take your current report formula and add on the condition
AND {table.DateAddedfield} < CDate("1/1/2007")

Edited by BrianBischof - 19 Mar 2007 at 11:53am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
brreid

Quote brreid Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 6:42am

I am not looking for date of registration,  we run reports based of how many people in the database are 21 yrs or older, but if I ran it today it will show that I have 100, but if I had run this seem report in December,  the number would be different because some people  may not have turn 21 yet.   I don't know how to go back in time, I don't know how to backdate the report date to see how many 21 yr old we had in December.

Thank  you
Thanks for sharing the knowledge
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 11:44am
Interesting. There is a property to set the report date, but I don't know if it effects formulas. I'll have to look into that (or you can check it out and report back). You could create a parameter with mock report date in it and use that in your formulas. Then you can back date it to whatever. The key is to exclude records appearing after that date and then you are simulating running the report in the past.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version