Announcements
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Crystal XI with Powerbuilder Post Reply Post New Topic
arunberry

Online Status: Offline
Quote arunberry Replybullet Topic: Crystal XI with Powerbuilder
    Posted: 28 Mar 2007 at 3:46am
Hi,

I know this is not .Net to Crystal question, but I know someone must have already faced a similar issue earlier.

We were using Crystal 9 runtime environment for our application, we now have moved to crystal XI runtime environment. In doing so, we are facing problem in all our reportsCry. All out reports are now asking us for parameters (we are sending them through our application). This has been working fine all the while ( i.e. working perfect with Crystal 9 ) till we migrated to Crystal XI runtime environment.

What could have changed in Crystal XI from Crystal 9, which can result in this ? Question

HELP !

Arun

Edited by arunberry - 28 Mar 2007 at 3:54am
Arun Berry
IP IP Logged
vinodhm

Quote vinodhm Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 9:22am
Hi Arun,
I am sailing in the same boat.  Did you find a solution for the issue you had reported?  Mine is a fresh implementation.

Thanks,
Vinodh
Vinodh
IP IP Logged
arunberry

Quote arunberry Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 9:13am
Hi,

To answer your question, yes we have been able to fix this issue and it was primarily caused due to a variable which I belive crystal 9 used to require an answer as 'N', which crystal XI wants 'Y'. I am not able to remember the name of the variable.

We have also changed the way we used to call crystal, I think this was the primary problem. Crystal XI and above requires the crystal to be placed in the GAC(Global Assembly Cache) than the previous way i.e. DLL in the system32 folders of a machine. We have now changed our code to access this and fingures crossed we have been successful.

Hope this helps.

Arun
Arun Berry
IP IP Logged
Sanjeet

Quote Sanjeet Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 8:47pm
Hi Arun,

Any chance you can post the code on the forum. I am new to Crystal reports and still trying to find my way out. I have managed to code how to open crystal, but not able to connect to db and pass parametrs.

Help will be really appreciated.
Sanjeet
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version