Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: add Vareince column in cross tab report Post Reply Post New Topic
rajeshdsadalkar

Online Status: Offline
Quote rajeshdsadalkar Replybullet Topic: add Vareince column in cross tab report
    Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 9:28am
Hi,
I have Cross Tab report, with Category and Month Data in Tabular format.

I would like to add column before Total Column as Variance which should show difference between Last two months in this case June and July.

Note : Month / Category data are dynamic depends upon user selection.

For Example

Catergory    April    May    june    July              Variance                 Total

------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

X                  10      20      30      40                10                         100

Y                  5        10      12      18                06                            45

Z                   1        2        2        4                 02                            09

rgds,

Rajesh

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 4:45pm
You can do this, but it's pretty advanced. The basic idea is to copy the values into an array as the crosstab is being generated. Then you can subtract one column from the other column by using the array index to identify which items to substract. To print the difference in another column, you can use a formula in the Text property of the cross-tab cell. This overrides the current value with your calculation.

I wrote about this in my Encyclopedia book and give a full working example of how to do it (takes quite a few pages as you can imagine). If you think you want to do this, I suggest checking out my book for the full tutorial and instructions. It's in the last part of Chapter 13. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version