Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
03-636

Online Status: Offline
Quote 03-636 Replybullet Topic: Group Formula
    Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 12:08pm
Hello,
Im pretty new to crystal reports and for the life of me I cant figure out this simple task.  In my report I have a group for Part numbers and in that group I have a group for purchase ordered for that part number.   I made a running total for the purchase orders.  I cant seem to figure out how to use this running total to only show number 1,2,3 which would be the 3 most current purchase ordered for the item number. Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick

Edited by 03-636 - 26 Jan 2009 at 1:00pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 6:54am
since you only want to see the first 3 records in the detail section (i'm presuming), go to the section expert and for the detail section next to the suppress, click the 'x-2' button.  In the you will need to find the running total that you created...same name as listed under the running totals. Double click the running total, and after is type > 3.  Click OK all the way back to the report.  This will hide (suppress) all entries where the running total is greater than 3.  Don't forget to have a reset on your running total or you will only see 3 records for the whole report.

Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
03-636

Quote 03-636 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 7:34am
Thanks for the help.  Using what you said I was able to make it so only the first 3 purchase orders for each part will show.  Now my problem is I want to suppress items where there is only 1 order for the item.  Any help again would be great.
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 7:48am

Insert a Summary as a Count at the appropriate group level then conditionally suppress the same way you did the others but use: {summarycountfield}=1

if you are suppressing the same data on either condition then you will have to add an "or" into your suppression statement so it will suppress on either condition.

Edited by DBlank - 27 Jan 2009 at 7:51am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version