Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Automation of Crystal Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
maneesh

Online Status: Offline
Quote maneesh Replybullet Topic: Automation of Crystal Reports
    Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 5:09am

Hi All,

I am using Crystal Report XI version for publishing reports,i would like to know is there any tool that will automate the reports..i have tried some tool but all they need some mannual work every time...pls help me if anybodies is aware about this..

Thanks,
mandgm
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 8:32am
What do you mean by "automate"?   If it's to run the reports and export or save the run as an rpt with data, you have a couple of options:

1.  Look into Crystal Server.
2.  See what third party options are available - http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html is a good place to start.
3.  Write your own code using the SDK.

If the issue is that the parameters change every time, then you will probably have to go with option 3 or re-write the report to calculate the values (such as dates) instead of using parameters.

If you explain a little more about what you mean with "they need some mannual work every time" then I may be able to give you a better answer.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
maneesh

Quote maneesh Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 12:42am

Hi

thanks for ur reply....

My requirement is like  i have some rpt files that need to refresh every day and send to employees...so what am looking is one tool that will do all these works automatically (the very first time i can set the parameters).
I have use one tool thats working fine but when it tries to send the report with the help of outlook,every time outlook is asking for some confirmation click...outllok want to make sure that the attachment doesnt contain virus..so we need to click Yes button every time...so i am not satisfied with this tool...
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 7:37am
What tool are you using?  If the message is coming from Outlook, this is due to your Outlook configuration, so I'm not sure that any third party tool will work with this configuration.  I would take a look at what is available and then contact the folks who produce the software to see if they have a way to handle this configuration.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
maneesh

Quote maneesh Replybullet Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:08am
Hi, yes the message is coming from outlook,is there any option to disable virus scan before sending mail...if that is happend then probably the mail will fire automatically
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 7:09am

I don't know enough about the Outlook API to know for sure, but I get the feeling that the only way around this may be to write you're own scheduler that will, if possible, handle this situation.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
rua17

Quote rua17 Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 12:28pm
Hi, I'm having the same problem, did you find any solution? I know that Outlook Security Manager can help you with this but it cost money.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version